Forming a New Chapter
- Fill out the online membership application.
- Ensure your university or department is an institutional member of the Association for Interdisciplinary Studies. More information can be found here.
- Pay your Chapter Installation Fee ($100) by check or online. Mail payments to: Texas Tech University ATTN: Dr. Marcus Tanner, 2515 15th, Drane Hall Room 164, Lubbock, TX 79409 (make checks payable to Alpha Iota Sigma Honor Society). To pay by credit card through paypal, choose whether you are paying the one time Chapter Installation Fee ($100) or the Annual Chapter dues ($50), then click on the “Pay Now” button to complete your payment.
- The National Council will review your application and communicate with you through email.
- An Honor Society representative will contact you via email with some important “next steps” and helpful information.
- Start working on getting your chapter organized and let us know if you have any questions.
- Collect student applications and fees ($20 per year).
- Send us a copy of your student applications and one check for all student fees (we can also invoice you through paypal).
- Have an induction ceremony and send pictures from your event to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: AIS members do not need a PayPal account to pay their dues by credit card. If you have a valid MasterCard, Visa, American Express, or Discover credit card and wish to pay your membership dues using one of those, just click on “Don’t have a PayPal account?” at the bottom of the next page, and you will access a PayPal page on which you may supply your credit card information. You may also encounter a pop-up invitation to “Create a PayPal account,” but you can then opt out by clicking “No Thanks.”
Please be aware that if your credit card is ever rejected during the online transaction, PayPal is simply relaying information from the institution that issued the credit card. We recommend that you should then contact the financial institution that issued the credit card.