Skip to content
For exemplary students of interdisciplinary studies
The mission of Alpha Iota Sigma is to recognize and advance the academic scholarship and achievements of interdisciplinary students.
As an honor society, Alpha Iota Sigma:
- promotes the benefits of interdisciplinary work;
- provides a forum to encourage interdisciplinary collaboration among students, faculty, and community members;
- investigates and encourages methods of interdisciplinary learning;
- enhances understanding and application of interdisciplinary knowledge among the general public;
- creates a sense of community among interdisciplinary students and graduates of interdisciplinary programs.
Student members of Alpha Iota Sigma advance this mission by:
- motivating their peers to excel in interdisciplinary scholarship;
- fostering connections between their academic coursework and the larger community through civic engagement projects;
- encouraging honors graduates to be leaders in addressing the complex problems of contemporary society with the highest intellectual, ethical, and moral standards.